Industrial waste treatment platform of Assemini
Ecotec Gestione Impianti srl waste treatment platform is a facility located in the municipality of Assemini (Cagliari), authorized by the Integrated Environmental Authorization - Determination of the Province of Cagliari no. 213 of 09/11/2010 and subsequent amendments to the storage and the treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous waste (solid, liquid and sludge for almost every waste EWC codes).
With the Determination of the Province of Cagliari no. 94 of 11/25/2015, according to art. 6 paragraph 14 of Legislative Decree no. 152/06, in November 2015, Ecotec has obtained the permission to realize the substantial variation of the original facility, which currently allows to the operation of the following lines:
- preliminary storage of hazardous and non-hazardous waste;
- soil washing and solvent extraction module (ethyl acetate) for the recovery treatment of contaminated soils and sludge;
- crushing and stabilization of hazardous and non-hazardous waste (solid and sludge) and cleaning of contaminated containers;
- industrial and craft activities wastewater treatment;
- oil recovery treatment of hydrocarbons contaminated liquid waste;
- solvent recovery treatment.
Ecotec industrial waste treatment platform is capable of handling almost every hazardous and non-hazardous waste EWC codes, for the following maximum total amount:
- 102.700 tons/year of solid and sludge waste, with the maximum instantaneous storage of 4.500 tons;
- 100.000 tons/year of liquid waste with the maximum instantaneous storage of 300 tons of wastewater (120 tons of liquid sludge, 180 tons of industrial wastewater), 1.000 tons of hydrocarbons contaminated liquid and 43 tons of solvent.
The hazardous and non-hazardous waste treatment platform is certified according to the Integrated System of Quality and Environment Management, UNI EN ISO 14001, as stipulated by the recently renewed certificate no. IT230694, issued on the 15/12/2008 by Bureau Veritas SpA.